Sports Massage is a service offered by Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) Kurtis Haupt, which offers a unique approach to massage therapy that is different from General Swedish Technique. Kurtis blends his knowledge as an RMT, Fascial Stretch Therapist (FST) and Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) to help you improve and manage your goals surrounding injury, pain, mobility, rehabilitation & performance.
What to expect?
- This treatment style is conducted with the patient wearing comfortable clothing to allow for client comfort, ease of movement and position change.
- The approach of this treatment is to focus on a specific area of opportunity. Treatments can range from 30-90 minutes in duration.
- At the start of each treatment, a thorough intake and assessment of your individualized goals, health history and movement capabilities will be conducted.
- This hands on treatment includes soft tissue release techniques found in registered massage therapy, assisted stretching techniques from fascial stretch therapy and exercise rehab components from Kurtis’ strength & conditioning background.
- During each treatment, the therapist will explain the intended response of each technique, check in for comfort levels and can modify as necessary.
- After each treatment a reassessment will be conducted and a future treatment plan will be established between the patient and therapist.
What are the benefits?
- Stress relief
- Reduce pain
- Reduce risk of injury
- Reduce tight muscles
- Reduce stiff joints
- Improve circulation
- Improve posture
- Improve range of motion
- Learn how to self stretch short or tight muscles
- Learn how to strengthen weak muscles
- Learn how to move with efficiency to avoid future injury
What is Sports Massage?
A sports massage is a style of massage used to improve function and prevent injuries. This style of treatment is typically done before or after a sporting event, but the benefits of this treatment are not limited to just high performing athletes. The assessment, hands on soft tissue techniques and understanding of optimal human movement brought forward by the RMT can benefit anyone interested in recovering from an injury, managing mobility restrictions or improving their function in daily life.
What is Fascial Stretch Therapy ?
Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST) is a pain-free system of table-based assisted stretching that assesses and improves restrictions in the body by focusing on the fascia and joint capsule to achieve optimal flexibility, performance, and pain relief. Fascia is a network of layered connective tissue that surrounds your muscles, nerves, bones, organs, and joints. A joint capsule is also a connective tissue structure that surrounds joints and is involved in optimizing the mechanical function of the joint, as well as giving it nutrients. When fascia and joint capsules are restricted, it can cause;
- Decreased joint space
- Increased muscle tone, leading to trigger points, strains, tendonitis, and tears
- Increased nervous tissue tone, leading to headaches, trigger points, and muscle tightness
- Increased scar tissue formation
- Decreased blood flow and energy levels
Who can benefit?
Whether you are a young student, busy deskbound professional, weekend warrior or high level athlete, you can benefit from a sports massage with Kurtis. At ANCHOR we’re here to help you feel your best. If your lifestyle is leaving you with some unwanted aches and pains, visit our webite or give us a call to book for a sports massage.